After much thought and deep concerns for the satiety for everyone, we the board have made the decision to cancel the MBA 2020 Convention. The board will be making arrangements on how to proceed with the auction items and other donations.
Anyone who has already purchased their banquet tickets and made room reservations will need to call Fairmont to cancel their room reservations. We will be in touch with those who purchased banquet tickets to make arrangements for a refund. Claudia will be in touch for those arrangements.
Everyone will receive their election ballots in the mail that will have to be returned to our Helena address in the envelope we provide.
As your president I am deeply sorry for this cancellation of the 2020 banquet. The Billings crew put a lot of hard work in putting it together. I will have updates as we organize our thoughts.
SO VERY SORRY for this bad news.
The Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) is serious. During this crisis, we’ve got to ensure we’re all taking precautions to protect ourselves and our communities.
While the situation is evolving each day, everyone can take simple steps to limit the spread of COVID-19:
- Practice good hygiene—cover your coughs and sneezes, and make sure to wash your hands frequently with warm water and soap.
- Stay home if you’re sick.
- Put some distance between yourself and others. This helps protect you and folks who may be at a higher risk of getting sick.
- Avoid gatherings of 10 or more people.
- If you’re over the age of 60 or have pre-existing health conditions, avoid large gatherings altogether.
If you think you may be displaying symptoms, call your doctor’s office or local public health office. You can also call Montana’s Coronavirus Task Force Hotline at 888-333-0461 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance and information on testing procedures.
This is a hard time for folks across Montana and across this nation. As we work together to address the COVID-19 outbreak, remember that your mental health is just as important as your physical health. If you or a loved one is struggling, contact the following resources:
- Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services Helpline: 888-706-1535
- SAMHSA Disaster Distress Helpline: 800-985-5590
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255